“Praise the Lord from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths… kings of the earth and all nations, you princes and all rulers on earth, young men and women, old men and children.”
(Psalm 148:7, 11-12, NIV)
On August 27th, 2018, Nigeria’s president, Muhammadu Buhari, promised that he will “spare nothing” in trying to get the Chibok girls, and Leah Sharibu, back to safety and freedom. This was all done as Leah Sharibu was recorded begging President Buhari to bring her freedom from Boko Haram– with three women kidnapped by the other faction of Boko Haram, under Abu Musab Albarnawi, doing the same thing.
It is no big secret that President Muhammadu Buhari is, like other leaders, under a lot of pressure. At the core of it all, Muhammadu Buhari and his cohorts in the Nigerian government are mere men. And as I read Psalm 148 this morning, I came to realize how important it is to pray for our leaders, no matter how lofty– especially when concerning their salvation and belief in Jesus, in the case of President Muhammadu Buhari.
It is my prayer that Buhari comes to know Jesus, and that he would be included in the throng of people who worship Christ, as Psalm 148 exhorts. Would you pray alongside me for his salvation?
Do you know Jesus?
“In the LORD’s hand the king’s heart is a stream of water that he channels toward all who please him.” (Proverbs 21:1, NIV)
Whether or not it looks like it, Jesus Christ is in control– and He alone is God. Learn more about Jesus, His sovereignty, and what it has to do with you, here.
Please pray for…
- That Leah Sharibu would be set free soon, and that she would be used by Christ to bring all people to know Jesus.
- That the remaining Chibok girls would be set free soon.
- President Muhammadu Buhari, that he would come to know Christ.
- Nigeria’s first lady, Aisha Buhari, that she would come to know Christ.
- The family of Muhammadu and Aisha Buhari, for their salvation as well.
- For the leaders in your life, that they would come to know Jesus and be blessed in a personal relationship with Him.
Thank you for your prayers!!!