Whenever I feel the Lord leading me to write, He usually gives me the ideas through emails I receive from Google News Update emails. But tonight, looking at all the different emails, I have an idea: I am going to ask you all to pray for each headline in my email.
So, here it goes:
- 20 Muslims were killed after sunset during Ramadan, recently. It occurred in Gajigana, Nigeria (the Indian Express).
Thursday evening, Boko Haram attacked Dapchi– a community in Yobe, Nigeria (Premium Times). Their houses were burned down, and Nigerian soldiers were in a shootout with Boko Haram at the time of the report.
- In 2020 alone, 620 Christians have been killed by Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen (cbn.com).
- In Niger’s Diffa region, at least 12 soldiers have died. This has occurred at the Blabrine military base, and it left another ten soldiers injured (dw.com).
- 75 Boko Haram combatants were killed in the Southeast Niger/into Nigeria region. “Boko Haram’s insurgency has so far claimed more than 36,000 lives since it began in northeastern Nigeria in 2009 and displaced nearly two million from their homes” (dw.com).
- The Air Task Force of Operation Lafiya Dole (meaning “Peace by Force”) has killed “scores” of Boko Haram militants in Yobe (dailypost.ng).
I hope this gives you, as readers, an idea of the overall goings-on of Northern Nigeria and with Boko Haram. May it also give you some insight into how you can pray for Nigeria, not only physically, but spiritually as well.
Click here for some open journaling pages, if you enjoy writing out your prayers and don’t necessarily have a journal to write in. There are tick marks for each headline/prayer request, but you obviously don’t need to abide by those.
I pray that, in writing this out, you would be stirred to lift Nigeria and its surrounding states up in prayer. They need it, desperately.
Do you know Jesus?
God sees all and knows all. “Why doesn’t He do anything about this world?” one might ask. He did: He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to live a perfect life and to die for the sins of the world. Learn more about Him and why it is important, here.