Unfortunately, a lot has happened in Nigeria as of late.
This has happened in only the past couple of weeks:
- A Christian Pastor, Pastor Bulus Yikura of the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria (EYN), has been given one more day to live. He will only live if ransom demands made by Islamic extremists are met; this time for meeting the ransom stops at Wednesday, March 3rd.
- Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters have held 25 aid workers captive, after ravaging the town of Dikwa. They also burnt a humanitarian organization’s building to the ground.
- Northern Nigeria, particularly in the town of Yobe, state government has demanded that boarding schools be evacuated and closed due to Boko Haram and other terrorist activity.
- 279 students were kidnapped and subsequently released by bandits. (Praise Jesus for their release!)
These are some of the biggest reported updates, but there are more. This fight against insurgents, bandits, and Fulani Herdsmen is overwhelming, and it can seem like too much to truly pray about.
But we must believe that God can do much more than all we ask for or imagine (Ephesians 3:20-21). Nothing is too big for God; nothing overwhelms Him. He truly is Sovereign over all, and He wants to work on behalf of those suffering in Northern Nigeria.
With this in mind, let us not give up praying or grow weary in doing good (Galatians 6:9). Let us bring these reports to our Maker, and allow Him time to work incredibly on behalf of those we pray for. 🔹
Do you know Jesus?
Jesus truly is in control, and He came to earth to save all those who believe on Him (John 3:16). Learn more about Him, here.
Please pray for…
- The safe release of Pastor Bulus Yikura.
- The release of 25 aid workers being held captive right now.
- The safety of students in Northern Nigeria.
- The safety and healing of PTSD from the students who were kidnapped and release.
- The release of the Chibok girls.
Thank you for your prayers!