This week, I have been very focused on suffering; and today, I have learned that Joel Taylor, the CEO of Bethel Music, has both of his children in the hospital with an incredibly dangerous E. coli infection. It is one that has caused his youngest, 2-year-old Jaxon, to get the painful and life-threatening illness, Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (HUS): a syndrome caused by E. coli infection in children, causing kidney damage, and subsequently other organ damage, in those who have it.
As this infection sweeps over these two precious children; as people pray and plead for the healing of these two children; there are two things that will never change: The fact that Jesus just didn’t stay dead, but rose again, and is alive, sitting at the right hand of the Father (Acts 2:56).
Listen to Matthew 28:5-6.
“The angel said to the women, ‘Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.‘”
(Matthew 28:5-6, NIV)
This was the Angel’s message: “Do not be afraid. Come and see how Christ rose from the grave!”
Our God overcame the grave!!! There is nothing too big for Him; there is nothing our God cannot do.
A Joyous Commission
Our God is mighty. Jesus said, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth” (Matthew 28:18, NIV). It is with this in mind that Jesus gave us the great commission: to make disciples of all the nations. With Jesus as our brave, victorious captain, we are free to tell others about Him; free to tell them of His Love, Grace, and Gospel, free to witness to His transforming power in our lives.
Let us always remember Jesus’ amazing resurrection– His complete Victory in our lives.
And let us always remember Jesus’ amazing commission– the fact that we can tell others of Him– that in our struggles, we can testify of His Goodness in a real and lasting way– and that we can tell of His Good News for all men, everywhere.
Our pain, struggles, and trials are real. There is no denying that.
But there is also no denying the Power, Love, and Salvation of Jesus; and His Love alone is a Love that makes us more than conquerors, through everything we might face (Romans 8:37).
So, cry out to Jesus. Run to Him. And watch Him move.
If you are struggling right now, or if you look around you and see immense suffering, may you keep this in your heart: Our Lord Jesus is in control.
And He will help us. Always.
Please pray for the Taylor family during this horrific trial. If you would like to donate money to help them during this time, you can do so at their GoFundMe page, here. Keep up to date with how Addie and Jaxon are doing by visiting Joel Taylor’s instagram page. While major improvements have been made in Jaxon’s health (Praise Jesus!!!) there is still a long road in his recovery.
***UPDATE: On January 17th, 2018, the Taylor family was able to GO HOME from the hospital after both Jaxon & Addie Taylor recovered from their E. coli infections, and the HUS that resulted from it for Jaxon!!! PRAISE JESUS!!! THERE IS NOTHING OUR GOD CANNOT DO!!!***
Do you know Jesus?
Isaiah 53 describes the way Jesus Christ would die for the sins of humanity. But that is not all it foretells. Isaiah 53:11 says, “After he has suffered, he will see the light of life and be satisfied; by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities.”
There is no other religion that has a Savior, a Messiah, who not only died for others, but rose again. It is Jesus’ resurrection that causes our Victory in Him to be complete, and our sin completely paid for in full. Read more about this amazing, still-alive Messiah, here.
Please pray for:
– Jaxon’s kidneys. As the HUS has shut down his kidneys, Jaxon has been on dialysis. Please pray that his kidneys would be restored to full health.
– Jaxon’s brain. This infection shut down some parts of his cognitive abilities, but those abilities have grown stronger in the past few days. Please pray his brain would be fully restored.
– Jaxon’s lungs. His lungs were full of fluid a couple of days ago. Please pray that his lungs would gain strength and that the fluid would be gone.
– Jaxon’s heart. His other organs have suffered because of his kidney failure; please pray for full healing in his heart.
– Jaxon’s intestines. The E. coli started a leakage in his gut; please pray this leakage would be healed, in Jesus’ Name.
– For sweet Addie, Jaxon’s older, four-year-old sister. She has gotten the E. coli infection that Jaxon originally had, and is on an IV drip as well at UC Davis. Please pray she does not get HUS from this illness, and is able to recover quickly.
– For Joel and Janie Taylor, Jaxon and Addie’s parents. Their pain, sorrow, and anxiety as parents over their sick children is unimaginable. Pray they would be comforted and encouraged by Jesus during this time, and that they would entrust the beautiful babies He gave them, to Him, now and forever.
Thank you for your prayers!!!